Courtesy registrations accommodate Registered Dietitians who are temporarily in Alberta for employment, education, teaching or research purposes.
If you are a Registered Dietitian temporarily practicing in Alberta, you must apply for a temporary practice permit with the College under our Courtesy Registration. While applying, you will need to provide information to the College about the nature and duration of your dietetic work in Alberta and confirmation that you are currently registered with another Canadian Dietetic Regulator.
Courtesy registrations are issued for a minimum of 30 days to a maximum of 180 days.
To be eligible for registration, the applicant must submit the following:
- Completed application form including fees for application and practice permit. Click here to access the application for registration (Courtesy).
- You must have Adobe Reader installed to view this document.
- You may choose to complete the form online and print it before signing and returning the original to the College office.
- Verification of Registration with all current and/or previous provincial dietetic regulatory bodies. Applicants will be required to contact each dietetic regulatory body directly to request Verification of Registration and to obtain the following:
- Verification of registration with provincial regulator
- Official transcripts showing the degree conferred
- Letter verifying completion of internship program
- CDRE results (if available)
- Marriage certificate (if available)
Any fee associated with processing the request for verification is the responsibility of the applicant.