Courtesy registrations accommodate Registered Dietitians who are temporarily in Alberta for employment, education, teaching or research purposes.
If you are a Registered Dietitian temporarily practicing in Alberta, you must apply for a temporary practice permit with the College under our Courtesy Registration. While applying, you will need to provide information to the College about the nature and duration of your dietetic work in Alberta and confirmation that you are currently registered with another Canadian Dietetic Regulator.
Courtesy registrations are issued for a minimum of 30 days to a maximum of 180 days.
To be eligible for registration, the applicant must submit the following:
- Completed application form including fees for application and practice permit. Click here to access the application for registration (Courtesy).
- You must have Adobe Reader installed to view this document.
- You may choose to complete the form online and print it before signing and returning the original to the College office.
The College will contact the current provincial dietetic regulator to obtain the following:
- Official transcripts
- Letter verifying completion of internship program
- Verification of registration with provincial regulator
- CDRE results (if available)
- Marriage certificate (if available)