How can I Find a Registered Dietitian or Registered Nutritionist?

Registered Dietitians and Registered Nutritionists work in a variety of settings. To locate a Registered Dietitian or Registered Nutritionist in your area:

  • Ask your doctor for a referral to a Registered Dietitian or Registered Nutritionist
  • Connect with an RD through your local Primary Care Network clinic
  • Contact Health Link Alberta
    Anywhere in Alberta: dial 811
    Toll Free: 1-866-408-LINK (5465)
  • Find a Dietitian through Dietitian Directory (
  • Conduct an online search on the Dietitians of Canada website under “Find a Dietitian” to find a Registered Dietitian who specializes in your area of interest and is located near you

The cost of dietetic services may be covered when they are provided through Employee Assistance Plans (EAP), health benefit carriers (i.e. Alberta Blue Cross) or company benefit plans. The public is encouraged to verify that the individual they are working with is a regulated member of the College of Dietitians of Alberta. To verify that an individual is registered, you may ask to see their practice permit, you may verify their registration online by referring to the Public Register or you may contact the College.