The Standard Application route applies to any graduate of an approved Canadian dietetic program that includes successful completion of both academic and internship requirements.
Applicants eligible for registration on the Temporary Register must be approved in order to be registered to write the next Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE). Applicants may hold temporary registration while waiting to write the registration examination for up to eight weeks following the examination. The temporary registrant will be moved to the General Register upon successful completion of the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination.
To be eligible for registration, the applicant must submit the following:
- Completed Application Form including Temporary Supervisor Form, application fees, practice permit and CDRE. Click here to access the application for registration (Standard).
- You must have Adobe Reader installed to view this document.
- You may choose to complete the form online and print it before signing and returning the original to the College office.
- Official transcripts sent from the issuing institution. If degree has not been conferred, a letter from the university registrar stating the applicant has completed the requirements for convocation must be received.
- Letter verifying completion of internship program sent from the program director.
- Police information check obtained within one year of application. Click here to complete a MyBackCheck online.
The length of time it takes for an application to be complete and for an applicant to obtain registration depends on the length of time it takes for an applicant to submit the required documentation. The College recommends applicants begin the application process at least 4-6 weeks prior to the conclusion of their degree/internship. An applicant can start a file with the College office when they are ready to apply and the file will remain open as the applicant submits further documentation.
Once an applicant has successfully completed all of the requirements for registration, and official documentation supporting the completion of requirements has been received in the College office, the applicant is eligible for registration with the College. This process can typically be completed within 1-3 business days upon receipt of all required documentation.