Applications to the Courtesy Register accommodate Registered Dietitians who are temporarily in Alberta for employment, education, teaching or research purposes and who are currently registered in good standing with another Canadian Dietetic Regulator.
The College has developed an informative guide on the application and registration process for applicants to the Courtesy Register of the College of Dietitians of Alberta. We encourage all applicants to review the guide prior to commencing the application process.
If you are a Registered Dietitian who will be temporarily practicing in Alberta, you must apply for a practice permit with the College on the Courtesy Register. While applying, you will need to provide information to the College about the nature and duration of your dietetic work in Alberta and confirmation that you are currently registered with another Canadian Dietetic Regulator.
Courtesy registrations are issued for a minimum of 30 days to a maximum of 180 days.
To be eligible for registration, the applicant must first complete an Online Application for Registration to the Courtesy Register.
- Were you previously registered with the College? Please contact the College office to enable your online account.
- Are you a new applicant to the College? Access https://cdav6.alinityapp.com to create an account with the College in order to complete an application for registration.
- Click here to watch a brief demo video on How to Apply Online to the College (2:18)
In addition to the online application form, applicants will be required to provide application documentation. The College has created a Documents for Submission: Application for Registration (Courtesy Register) resource which includes a checklist and summary of the documentation required for a complete application. Click on the bold link to access the guide.
Any fees associated with providing the required documentation to the College office are the responsibility of the applicant.
The length of time it takes for an application to be complete and for an applicant to obtain registration depends on the length of time it takes for an applicant to submit the required documentation. The College recommends applicants begin the application process as soon as possible once they have determined they require registration in Alberta. An applicant can start a file with the College office when they are ready to apply and the file will remain open as the applicant submits further documentation.
Once an applicant has submitted all required documentation, the applicant is eligible for registration with the College. This process can typically be completed within 1-3 business days upon receipt of all required documentation.
Application Links & Documents
- Link to College Registrant Database (for online application)
- Watch a brief demo video on How to Apply Online to the College (2:18)
- Information on Application for Registration: Courtesy Register Guide
- Registration Pathway for Courtesy Applicants
- Documents for Submission: Application for Registration (Courtesy Register) Resource